- For every $1.00 spent, 77 cents goes to support girls’ development.
- Girls Inc. of Worcester will not share, lease, or sell donor information collected offline or online.
- Charity Navigator Awards Girls Inc. of Worcester Four Star Rating View Our Charity Navigator Report
- GuideStar recognizes Girls Inc. of Worcester as a gold-level participant, demonstrating its commitment to transparency. View our GuideStar Report
- Please contact our business office at 508-755-6455 for a copy of our 990 Tax Form.
Key Accomplishments for 2018-2019
This year, Girls Inc. of Worcester officially closed and celebrated the Capital Campaign, which raised $4.6 million dollars. The success of the campaign has led to three phases of renovations being completed, including the refurbishing of our gymnasium in fall 2018 with a grant from the City of Worcester. Greater Worcester Community Foundation’s Creative Spark Grant provided funds for muralist, Alice Mizrachi, to create a mural on the gym wall, which was inspired by our girls. Additionally, thanks to the support of Working for Worcester, Consigli Construction, and Saint Gobain, a new playground was installed with the help of dozens if volunteers. These efforts helped further the STRONG part of our mission with 100% of all Girls Inc. programming including physical, emotional, social, and mental health/wellness education.
Girls Inc. ensures our girls are on track for high school graduation and ready for college and career success through our high-quality programs. FY 2019 saw us increase our outreach with a new, comprehensive program, #GirlsWorld at Knox Trail Middle School, Spencer and successfully graduate another Eureka! cohort of 15 girls. The 2019 Eureka! graduates:
- Received more than $2 million in scholarships for higher education;
- Were accepted to more than 50 colleges including 3 Ivy League;
- Graduated from 6 local high schools and 40% are first generation college students!
Other facts and numbers can be found in our annual reports.