Following the closure of Worcester Public Schools, Girls Inc. of Worcester will be CLOSED for the safety of our girls, volunteers, and staff. We will reopen with the opening of Worcester Public Schools, currently scheduled for early May. Please check back here or on our Facebook page for future updates.
Here are some resources for families that may be struggling during this time:
- Information on the coronavirus outbreak
- The virus outbreak may mean you’re home in unhealthy or abusive relationships. Help is available.
- 211 connects people to all kinds of services
- With kids at home, and many asked to work from home: access to wifi/internet services
- Explaining the coronavirus to children
- Searchable health resources
STRONG (healthy and active)
- Find food banks here or call the FoodSource Hotline
- Worcester Public School Mobile Meal Schedule
- Yoga for kids
- 25 Ways to Stay Active Indoors
- New live workouts and games every day
- Games to try at home -- and live recess videos
- Free Daily Workouts for Kids
SMART (academic success)
- Free education subscriptions for kids at home to keep them learning!
- Podcasts for tweens and teens
- Podcasts for kids
- Cuentos en español
- Khan Academy has lessons on all levels of math, computer programming, and science subjects.
- Scratch: learn programming to write and animate your own stories
- Code Monster: learn coding basics
- Scholastic Learn from Home Projects
- Keep screen-time educational: best apps for learning
- 100 Activities to do during school closures
- 1 p.m. Lunch Time Doodles with Mo Willems (author of Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus and Elephant and Piggie
- Storytime from Space
- Prompts to write your own stories
- DIY Musical Instruments
- Virtual Tour of the Ecotarium
- Audiobooks for free (multilingual!)
BOLD (life skills and resiliency)
- How to talk to teens about the novel coronavirus
- How to talk to children about the novel coronavirus
- Libro De Actividades: Achù!
- Meditation videos
- How to stay mentally healthy during the coronavirus outbreak
- Financial Literacy Games
- Behavioral Health Tools