Girls Inc. of Worcester inspires girls to be strong, smart and bold. One of our elite programs, Eureka!, is a year-round, five-year STEM intensive program that engages and empowers 8th-12th grade girls as they develop confidence and discover leadership and academic opportunities in STEM fields.
Throughout this 5-year program, attendees engage in activities such as:
Opportunities and experiences that provide them with the knowledge, skills and encouragement to develop and sustain a healthy lifestyle. Topics include:
- Physical Activity
- Stress Management
- Body Image
Life Skills Instruction
Girls will participate in program activities and experiences that build the learning, skills, and behaviors that enable them to function independently and live a productive and fulfilling life. Topics include:
- Persistence and resilience
- Ability to delay gratification
- Improved emotional control
Academic Enrichment and Support
Girls will participate in program activities and experiences that expand on and support their school-based learning and engagement such as:
- Prepare for high school & college
- Professional Development
- Economic Independence
- Leadership Opportunities
Applications are open to grade 7 girls only.
For more information, please contact Brenda Nikas-Hayes, Associate Director of Eureka! STEM & Leadership Program at or call 508-755-6455 x35.
Thank you to our 2018 Eureka! funders!
- Bank of America Charitable Foundation, Inc.
- Berkshire Bank Foundation
- Boston Scientific
- BNY Mellon
- Consigli Foundation
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Greater Worcester Community Foundation
- Massachusetts Service Alliance
- National Grid
- NN/LM New England Region
- People's United Community Foundation
- South High Community School
- TE Connectivity
- The TJX Companies, Inc. / The TJX Foundation, Inc.
- UMass Worcester Prevention Research Center