Girls Inc. of Worcester inspires girls to be strong, smart and bold. One of our elite programs, Eureka!, is a year-round, five-year STEM intensive program that engages and empowers 8th-12th grade girls as they develop confidence and discover leadership and academic opportunities in STEM fields.
Throughout this 5-year program, attendees engage in activities such as:
Opportunities and experiences that provide them with the knowledge, skills and encouragement to develop and sustain a healthy lifestyle. Topics include:
- Physical Activity
- Stress Management
- Body Image
Life Skills Instruction
Girls will participate in program activities and experiences that build the learning, skills, and behaviors that enable them to function independently and live a productive and fulfilling life. Topics include:
- Persistence and resilience
- Ability to delay gratification
- Improved emotional control
Academic Enrichment and Support
Girls will participate in program activities and experiences that expand on and support their school-based learning and engagement such as:
- Prepare for high school & college
- Professional Development
- Economic Independence
The cumulative success of Eureka! demonstrates an extraordinary return on investment for these 50 girls. Outcomes include:
- 100% graduate high-school on time;
- Accepted at more than 20 colleges including five (5) Ivy Leagues;
- Earned more than $2 million per year in academic scholarships including nine (9) full-pay;
- 50% are first generation to go to college
- 70% are selecting STEM-related majors.
Applications are open to grade 7 girls only.
For more information, please contact the Eureka! office at or call 508-755-6455.